Jumpstart your application by taking our coding challenge: https://apply.hire.toggl.com/2YQE36Q70ZLZD9TVVZ
About Remo Conference
Remo helps creators, coaches, and event organizers create immersive online events right from your web browser. Users can learn and connect just like real life, right from your browser. Remo is the first web-video platform that allows people to have face-to-face networking online, just like in-person events that build meaningful relationships and conversations. We're looking for a software engineer to join a passionate, collaborative, distributed group of engineers on our team.
Watch a video of who we are and what you will do here!
A day in the life of a Software Engineer
We have a distributed worldwide team, which means we work most of the time asynchronously. Your typical week would include:
- Collaborating with design, analytics, support, and product management to understand the problems we want to solve and exploring how we can solve them
- Discussing and collaboratively solving engineering and product problems with engineering collaborators in Slack and Remo (we run on the latest alpha version of Remo internally!)
- Opening a Pull Request to implement the next most important feature or fix the most critical bug
Responding to issues and review requests from other teams at Remo
- Reviewing your teammates' Pull Requests and providing helpful feedback
- Working with your engineering manager in your one-on-one meetings to grow your team and career
- Talking with users to discover what they love and what their pain points are
- Rotating responsibilities for on-call every 6 weeks. We do 8-hour rotations during waking hours. Hurray for distributed teams!
- Pick new work autonomously and code solutions, working to unblock yourself when stuck either by reaching out for help or finding other solutions in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture.
- Write clear documentation, automated tests, and recommendations for technical problems.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Drive helpful conversations around technical issues and engineering practices, suggesting improvements and ideas as you see them.
- Review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team.
- Provide compassionate technical mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Strong English written communication skills.
- A high degree of empathy.
- 5+ years experience as a full-time professional coder.
- 2+ years experience with Typescript.
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team (does not have to be professional experience).
- Ability to learn and think critically about both system design and software engineering concepts and blend those perspectives pragmatically based on project needs.
- Knowledge of testing, profiling, and debugging practices.
Why You Should Join:
Are you tired of working on a project that doesn't ship? We're looking to hire people who want to build cool stuff that thousands of people use.
Remo lets people create powerful webinars, summits, live q&a's, and conferences. It's a feature-focused engineer's dream job. We've gone from step 0 to 1. Now we're moving from 1 to 10 as fast as we can while not burning ourselves out.
We're an early-stage, remote-first startup. We're breaking the traditional Silicon Valley mold by being a fully distributed team and hitting profitability without raising any money. Want to join a fast-growing company with stability without moving? That's us.
Remo is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Benefits (Varies by country):
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Office setup allowance
- Education allowance
- The hardware you need